Technician - Acoustics & Vibration Projects
Permanent Full-time – Toronto
Soft dB offers acoustic consulting services and specialized acoustics and vibration products. Our unique expertise is recognized internationally, and we export our products throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia. We are expanding very rapidly, and we’re currently looking for a technician in our Toronto-based acoustics and vibration consulting team. This is your chance to grow among one of the world’s most skilled teams of acoustic experts, supported by the best acoustical measuring instruments and the most advanced signal processing technologies.
- Prepare and service acoustical measuring/monitoring equipment
- Handle shipping and receiving of equipments/instruments
- Conduct on-site acoustical and vibration measurements
- Install noise and vibration monitoring devices in a variety of environments
- Post-treatment of results, under the supervision of acoustical consultants, in the context of vibro-acoustics projects
- If sufficient technical/scientific skills, make models of outdoor/indoor noise propagation using specialized software
- General workshop/warehouse maintenance tasks
- Knowledge in sound recording instrumentation and vibrations
- High proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel) and computer software in general
- Passion, autonomy, punctuality, adaptability and an eye for detail
- Must have a valid driver’s license (several trips to various project locations)
- Knowledge of design software (AutoCAD, Sketchup, Illustrator) is an asset
- No fear of heights is a very big plus.
- This is a permanent full-time position, 37.5 hours/week
- Flexible hours between 8am and 4pm
- Some specific projects may require working evenings and weekends
Our Toronto office is located at:
1460 The Queensway Suite # 4353, Etobicoke, ON M8Z 1S4
This is near the Kipling subway station.
Why Work Here?
You’ll experience a stimulating work environment, thanks to great colleagues – a young, passionate, seasoned team of professionals – and our state-of-the-art hardware/software resources. You’ll benefit from highly-flexible employment conditions, based on your own individual needs and reality. Working with us is your opportunity to develop yourself – your knowledge, your skills, your career – the only limit is your own ambition and willingness to raise your game in acoustics.
Interested? You can talk to:
Carlos Yoong, Ph.D.
Director – Acoustics & Vibration Consulting Ontario