Vibration Consulting Services
Reduce High Vibration Levels Negatively Affecting Your Products and Processes
What Causes High Vibration Levels?
The majority of machinery in manufacturing processes employ vibrating or rotating principles to perform their operating role within the plant. Industrial equipment such as vibrating screens, vibrating feeders, crushers, grinders and vibratory centrifuges are good examples. For such equipment, high vibration levels from the operating process is likely to be transmitted to the supporting structure or adjacent machinery.
Vibratory resonance is the main cause for large vibration levels and it could lead to significant damage or even failure of the equipment and supporting structures. Additionally, such resonance condition causes increased noise levels leading to considerable human discomfort.
Solving Your Vibration Problems
Soft dB collaborates with your team of structural, mechanical or aerospace engineers to assist in the vibrational and dynamical analysis to find the most appropriate solutions to their vibration issues.
Our experts combine state-of-the-art vibration measurements and computational techniques to provide unique vibrational consulting services that cover all aspects of the field of vibration, from practical mitigation solutions to engineering support during the design stages.
Vibration Control and Mitigation
An accurate vibration analysis is the first step to reducing high vibration levels affecting a system. If the vibration problem affects an existing machine or structure, a measurement campaign is first conducted in order to determine the vibrational state of the system. A vibration analysis of the measurements will highlight the correct path towards an appropriate solution.
Advanced computational techniques, such as Finite Element Methods, are then required to compute the resonance condition and the dynamical system’s response due to the excitation source. This type of computation provides a detailed characterization of the vibrational and dynamical behavior in order to identify vibrational issues and propose efficient mitigation solutions.
Product Design Consulting
During the design phases of product development, engineers need guidance on the vibration levels of their future product in order to comply with regulations while meeting customer expectations. Engineers also need to investigate and optimize the performances of different designs to achieve their target.
Prototyping and experiments can be used to estimate vibration levels in your design. However, in large-scale systems, this approach can be costly and in the worst cases can be impossible to build it. In such cases, advanced computational techniques, such as Finite Element Methods, not only provide an accurate assessment of vibration levels, but also allow the exploration of solutions that may not have been accessible through experiments.
Vibration and Dynamic Finite Element Analysis
To reduce the high vibration levels affecting your system or to estimate the vibrational characteristics of your designs, Soft dB offers a unique set of advanced simulation services using Finite Elements Analysis. Based on the vibration problem, different types of analysis are required:
- Modal Analysis for Linear and Nonlinear Systems
- For linear systems it is employed to estimate a resonance condition: natural frequencies and mode shapes.
- Nonlinear systems do not display mode shapes nor natural frequencies anymore, so a different vibration analysis is needed in these cases.
- Modal Analysis of Vibro-Impact Systems
- Systems with contact interactions require a different computational approach for their vibration analysis.
- Two complex fields are involved: contact mechanics and nonlinear modal analysis.
- Time History Analysis
- Transient and steady-state dynamics to study the behavior of the system as time progresses.
- Wave propagation in solids can also be simulated.
- Harmonic Analysis
- Frequency Response Function where the damping ratio is estimated through vibration measurements.
- Utilized to study the dynamical behavior along the frequency domain.
- Nonlinear Transient Dynamics
- Various systems can be simulated: fluid-structure interaction, vibro-impact systems, nonlinear materials, nonlinear boundary conditions, etc..
- Fatigue Analysis
- Estimate the life of a system subject to cyclic loadings.
- Random Vibration Analysis
- Simulate the vibration of a system under random vibration patterns.
- Acoustics and Vibro-Acoustics Simulations
- Estimate the sound and vibration levels through the state-of-the-art combination of vibration and acoustics computational models.
Contact Our Vibration Control Experts Today
Reducing high vibration levels affecting your operations starts with our unique expertise. No vibration problem is too small or too complex for our team of experts.